Sunday, July 5, 2009

Old School

As we were packing some of our belongings earlier this week, we came across the Easy Bake Oven. Yes, it is the same one I had when I was 10. Elizabeth found it at the house before our wedding and was kind enough to clean it and rewrap it for a wedding gift. I think it would have been thrown out if not for her. So, I got my cake mixes down from the cupboard and added the 2 tablespoons of water required to make one chocolate and one yellow cake. It even came with 2 different frosting mixes so that I could swirl them together. Before I started baking, I noticed that the Easy Bake was rattling a little. I couldn't see anything wrong with it until I tipped it just right and out came one of the old baking pans! Now I can make, not only cakes, but twinkies! The cakes didn't turn out very well, but I had fun and John and I definitely enjoyed eating them .

2 comments:

tarahepworth said...

Tracie, I just love you. Your blog is so cute and I love seeing pictures of you and John. I'm jealous that you have so many cool things to do out there and I'm going to be even more jealous in a few weeks when you move to Alaska!

mjnetty said...

k, that's really funny. My 6 year old just made a cake in her Easy Bake oven this week and it didn't turn out very good either.